Monday, March 19, 2007

Sometimes

Sometimes, when I see a bunch of new things come up on facebook about people from high school that I was friends with, I get sad. They post photoalbums with all of them together having fun, and I feel... I dunno, sad. I haven't seen those people in about 5 years now, and I guess since I moved on to other places, I usually assume that they all went different places and didn't stay in touch with each other too, but then their photo albums are a blaring reminder that they did keep in contact. I didn't. I'm not even sure how I could have. My parents moved away from Franklin my sophomore year of college, and I've never had the time or money to go back. Always had somewhere else I need to go. I don't regret my decision to go to school in TX or study abroad for a year in Chile or to go to school in OK or to move to CA, but I wish I could see those friends again. It seems impossible now, because there is no more summer break. What are the chances of me even seeing them? Only if I went there at Christmas time, which I won't, because if I actually get Christmas off, I'll visit my family. I think that it's just my general since of lonliness right now that makes me so nastalgic. But it would be nice to see my high school friends again.

No comments: