Monday, January 16, 2006

Movie Ratings

I went and saw Zorro today. When I went to see the movie, I had no idea what the rating was. I think I assumed it was PG-13 and as the movie went on, I thought that it must be PG-13, but there were so many little kids in the theater that I thought surely not that many parents take their 7 and 8 year olds to see PG-13 movies! So, when the movie ended I checked out the rating, and it was PG, but they use cus words a couple of times in the movie (but I guess those words aren't considered cus words anymore because you can also hear them on TV), and there was quite a bit a violence. Although there wasn't tons of blood and they definitely didn't just outright kill people as much as a PG-13 movie would, they did kill people and it did show blood. I mean, people were blown up. They didn't show the results of the explosion though. You just knew that the people were dead. Plus, it had some pretty intense parts in it. It just made me glad that I don't have kids yet and so I don't have to deal with movie ratings that are not actually indicative of the content.

2 comments:

gayle said...

I agree, ratings hardly ever match the movie because the people who are giving the ratings do not hold the content to God's standard, they hold it to society's standard.

I found a really neat website that gives Christian movie reviews and commentaries, and I think they do an excellent job...

www.christiananswers.net/spotlight/

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »