Monday, January 09, 2006

About Ganny again

Ganny said that she didn’t know how to get in touch with Gene today… Gene is my grandfather that died 9 years ago. She’s never said anything like that before. She constantly repeats the same sentence over and over, forgetting what she has just said two seconds before, but she’s never forgotten that Poppy is dead. She was talking to Jarrod, and he was like, “Who?” She said, “Gene,” and he was like, “Who?” And she said, “Gene Brown!” Then Jarrod told her Poppy passed away a long time ago, and she said, “Oh I’m confused.” I can’t imagine! She thought Poppy was alive, but she didn’t know where he was or how to get in contact with him. How terribly frightening and confusing for her! It makes me cry. I don’t want her to lose her mind. I don’t want my parents to lose their mind one day, and I don’t want to lose my mind either. I think the process of losing it would be the worst part, while you still realize that you are losing it, but you can’t do anything about it.

2 comments:

kentbrantly said...

so many serious thoughts in such a short time... obviously you don't have school to distract your mind right now, huh? i don't have anything to add to your thoughts right now, but i'm glad that you are able to express them in this format where i can see what you are thinking about.
bendiciones, mi amor
kent <><

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »