Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Do SoMetHinG

Albert Einststein said, "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."

In his 1994 inauguration speech Nelson Mandela said, “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Ghandi said, "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problems."

Margaret Mead said, "Never underestimate the ability of a small group of committed individuals to change the world. Indeed, they are the only ones who ever have.”

Martin Luther King Jr. said, "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."

Jesus said,"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'" (Matthew 25)

Learn more about the
GuluWalk. Help raise awareness about the children of Uganda that have been abducted into the Lord's Resistance Army to be soldiers and sex slaves. Be a voice crying out for the world to stop this madness. The walk happens this coming Saturday and it's not too late to sign up. Click on the link above for more information.

4 comments:

Emy said...

I like all your quotes...very powerful and infinitely inspiring.

Rachel said...

Did you know every single one of those quotes are on my wall? (except the Bible one)

Isn't stupid how people will read those and will feel inspired but are still unwilling to actually do anything?

Rebecca said...

haha, i got the mandela and ghandi ones from you, but i didnt know about the other ones. and actually, i have already posted the margaret mead one before!

Rachel said...

woah!