Sunday, October 08, 2006

Adventures in San Francisco

So what did you do this morning before church? I took off in search of 3 printers that were to be given to me FREE if I only came and picked them up. Well, that’s a good deal and seems simple enough. But, when you don’t have a car and you live in a hilly city, that can actually be quite a difficult task. You might wonder what I want with 3 whole printers. Well, I only want one, but the deal was that I had to take all three if I wanted one. So, I caught the train all bundled up with a sweater, coat and scarf and with my carry-on bag to help me transport my precious printers. I get off at the stop that the website 511.org said to get off at, and then I start looking at my map trying to meander my way through the hills of San Fran. So I began my trek up a hill, and then down a hill, and then up and then down. Yes, getting to the top of a hill is not a good feeling, because you know you’re just going to have to climb another one at the bottom. So, I finally arrive at my destination, put one printer in my bag, strap another one on top, using my scarf to secure it, naturally, and then I carry the last one under my free arm. Oh yeah, by this point I have taken off my coat and sweater too and am just wearing my sleeveless shirt. P.S.- I was dressed and ready for church. Big mistake, because I sweated like a hog. Okay, so then I have to go back up and down hills again in order to get back to the train stop, and hiking while trying to tote 3 printers is difficult. Luckily, I don’t mind looking ridiculous, because I definitely did. I did finally make it back to the train stop and get home. My little adventure took me much longer than I had anticipated, so I missed Sunday school, but I did get to worship on time, stinky and all. It’s times like those that make me wonder why I left my perfume back in Georgia with my parents. I could have gotten a taxi at one point, but I wanted my printers to truly be free, and getting a taxi would have made them not free at all. You might be saying right now that the train costs money too, but you see, I have a public transportation pass that’s good for the whole month for unlimited transportation on any of the bus or train lines. So, my printers are free! Hurrah! I just couldn’t bring myself to buy a new printer knowing that I had a perfectly good printer back in GA. I think that’s the most I’ve ever done before church on a Sunday morning.

No comments: