Friday, May 23, 2008

Married

My friend changed his religious views to "married" on Facebook. I asked him what he meant by it, and this is what he wrote back:

And you’re curious about my “married” religious views? I guess as I continue my relationship with God, this relationship feels more and more like a marriage. There are good times and bad times, ups and downs, times when I feel in love and times when I don’t feel that way at all. I don’t feel like I’m in love right now. But during this time that REALLY sucks, I can be sure that I do love God. I’m not going anywhere. I never made a ‘till death do us part” vow, but that’s the way it is. It feels like something’s been pushed through my flesh and affixed me to him (Deut. 15:16-17). “For your maker is your husband – the Lord Almighty is his name.” (Isa. 54:5)

I liked his answer, and he gave me permission to post it; so I thought I would share it with the few of you who have continued to read my blog.

No comments: