Thursday, May 04, 2006

Getting over it

It’s been a while since I’ve written. I have plenty going on in my mind to write about, it’s just finding the time to figure out what exactly is going on in my head to write about it and the will power to focus. I have a million things racing through there these days. But one line of thought clouds over everything else and keeps me from being able to sit down and write about other stuff. Life is exciting and I’m getting ready to make some big decisions about where to move to, but at the same time, that’s really stressful! I have to make decisions about where to move to! On the plus side, I am well loved, and so I have lots of friends and family in different places around the U.S. that are putting in their bids for me to move close to them. Of course, I’m only having to make this decision now, because one person didn’t want me to move to where he is. And that’s how this all began. I was going along, thinking I knew where I was going (at least in the immediate future), and then *wham* the breath was knocked out of me, and suddenly I only know where I’m going in the way off future and don’t have a clue as to where I’m going in 3 months. Funny how life goes. I’ve read more craziness in the news, but I just haven’t been able to focus myself to write about them. I hate that I have been so incapacitated lately by my own disappointments in life! It makes me mad at myself for being so wrapped up in me! One of my friends assured me that it is perfectly fine for me to be wrapped up in this right now, because it is important to me… but that doesn’t really make me feel better. I just want to get over it. Life goes on! Big fat hairy deal! People are dealing with a lot worse stuff. I know that 4 months from now I’ll be over it, so why can’t I do it right now!? Gggrrrrrrrrrrr.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

It is my opinion that the phrase, "Big fat hairy deal" is not used quite frequently enough and so I was quite pleased to see it in your post today. As to the other things in your post, God already knows where you are going to live so just kick back, relax and enjoy the last semester of nursing school.

Rebecca said...

Meredith, you're great. And what's even greater is that I can totally hear your voice when I read your comment.

Anonymous said...

From reading your post, I think your heart is hurting and you might feel a bit confused with life. I hope you get to know God even better now. That new country saying that everyone likes to use is "if you wanna hear God laugh, tell him your plans". Trust and faith are what you have by choice. God gives us so many opportunities to embrace him! What a wonderful gift. Remember too how blessed we are that people pray for us.