Friday, November 18, 2005

The Plight of the Female

I have a couple of male friends that were making fun of women the other night and how we analyze every word and action, and the sad thing is that it’s so true. I, at least, can take a simple word and analyze it to death and come up with a million different options of what it actually could have meant, and then in the end, it didn’t mean anything, and the person who said it has long forgotten it. I know this guy, and he’s really careful with his words. It amuses me a lot of times, and I wonder how he can think about everything before he says it. Little does he know that no matter how careful he is, if he’s talking to a girl, there’s still room for over-analyzation and misinterpretation. Everything that he does or doesn’t do, says or doesn’t say can be taken a million different ways, and that’s just the way it is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Rebecca,

It seems now days everyone has a blog. I came across yours as the following happened:
I was searching online for mission work in Honduras with ACU in the context.
This led to your brother which in turn led to Mission Lazarus. ML led to Allison’s site which led to your link.
How about that! Jarrod and Allie had a baby, that’s awesome! Now they have two, they are an inspiration to us all. Tell them congratulations and give them my best wishes. There was also a great pic of you dad and the cigar man holding a big bundle.
I want you to know that I am proud of you for following your passions. It is encouraging to see that you are pursuing a nursing degree. I know it will enable you to serve God all the better.
It’s a small world, at church a few months a go, I met Kelley Grant of Santiago, Chile. If I remember correctly you took the trip to Santiago a few times to go to Church. From your blog, it seems you are still interested in Africa. I heard a rumor that there are more Christians there than in N. America! Maybe it was Churches of Christ, well it was something like that. The church where I attend, Prestoncrest Church of Christ, is very involved in mission work all over the world including Africa. We actually have had a mission team go to Africa every summer for quite some time. You should check out the site www.prestoncrest.org if you get a chance.

Well I had better call it quits for now. It is exciting to see what you have been up to.

Karson said...

I have a blog now so I don't have post anonymous, like the Dear Rebecca post. Sharon wanted to know if Kent was Kent Brantley, apparently he is cute. Along with his cuteness, I didn't proof read my post comment. Sharon was a bit embarrassed about my grammatical and typing errors. Guess opposites do attract lol. Anyways the blog is http://www.muramic.blogspot.com/. I only have one post so far and I am working creating Sharon’s blogsite.
Have a happy Thanksgiving.

Karson

Karson said...

No kids yet. And hopefully not for a while. Sharon said that you and her must have the same taste in men. So after having to hear about how cute kent is, we had a decent conversation. We were wondering what it takes as far as leveling classes to become a nures. Sharon is considering going into the medical profession. I knew I would marry a doctor someday, lol.

Anyway, hope your thanksgiving was good.

later,

Karson